- A man sooner or later discovers that he is the master-gardener of his soul, the director of his life.
- A man who dares to waste one hour of time has not discovered the value of life.
- All life is an experiment. The more experiments you make the better.
Ralph Waldo Emerson
- All the art of living lies in a fine mingling of letting go and holding on.
- Any idiot can face a crisis – it’s day to day living that wears you out.
- Believe that life is worth living and your belief will help create the fact.
- Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment.
- Don’t go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first.
- Every creature is better alive than dead, men and moose and pine trees, and he who understands it aright will rather preserve its life than destroy it.
Henry David Thoreau
- Every man dies. Not every man really lives.
- Everything has been figured out, except how to live.
- Fortunately analysis is not the only way to resolve inner conflicts. Life itself still remains a very effective therapist.
- He who has a why to live can bear almost any how.
- I arise in the morning torn between a desire to improve the world and a desire to enjoy the world. This makes it hard to plan the day.
E. B. White
- I have a simple philosophy: Fill what’s empty. Empty what’s full. Scratch where it itches.Alice Roosevelt Longworth
- I love life because what more is there.
- Never tell your problems to anyone…20% don’t care and the other 80% are glad you have them. Lou Holtz
- It hurts to love someone and not be loved in return.
But what is more painful is to love someone and never
find the courage to let that person know how you feel.
- A sad thing in life is when you meet someone who
means a lot to you, only to find out in the end that it was
never meant to be and you just have to let go
- The best kind of friend is the kind you can sit on a
porch swing with, never say a word, and then walk away
feeling like it was the best conversation you’ve ever had.
- It’s true that we don’t know what we’ve got until we lose
it, but it’s also true that we don’t know what we’ve been
missing until it arrives.
- It takes only a minute to get a crush on someone, an
hour to like someone, and a day to love someone-but it
takes a lifetime to forget someone.
- Don’t go for looks, they can deceive. Don’t go for wealth,
even that fades away. Go for someone who makes you
smile because it takes only a smile to make a dark day
- Dream what you want to dream, go where you want to go,
be what you want to be. Because you have only one life and
one chance to do all the things you want to do.
- Always put yourself in the other’s shoes. If you feel that it
hurts you, it probably hurts the person too.
- A careless word may kindle strife. A cruel word may wreck
a life. A timely word may level stress. But a loving word may
heal and bless.
- The happiest of people don’t necessarily have the best
of everything they just make the most of everything that comes
along their way.
- When you were born, you were crying and everyone
around you was smiling. Live your life so that when you die,
you’re the one smiling and everyone around you is crying.
- Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don’t matter and those who matter don’t mind. – Dr. Seuss
- ”I always knew looking back on the tears would make me laugh, but I never knew looking back on the laughs would make me cry.”
- Work like you don’t need the money, love like you’ve never been hurt and dance like no one is watching. – Randall G Leighton
- ”Advice is what we ask for when we already know the answer but wish we didn’t.” – Erica Jong
- When one door closes, another opens; but we often look so long and so regretfully upon the closed door that we do not see the one that has opened for us.
- “Don’t cry because it’s over, smile because it happened.”
- “I’m selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can’t handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don’t deserve me at my best.”
- “You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.”
- “In three words I can sum up everything I’ve learned about life: it goes on.”
- “Insanity is doing the same thing, over and over again, but expecting different results.”
- “Life is what happens to you while you’re busy making other plans.”John Lennon
- “There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle.”
- “To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all.”
- “It is better to be hated for what you are than loved for what you are not.”
- “We don’t see things as they are, we see them as we are.”
- “I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.”
- “Good friends, good books, and a sleepy conscience: this is the ideal life.”
- “To laugh often and much; to win the respect of intelligent people and the affection of children; to earn the appreciation of honest critics and to endure the betrayal of false friends. To appreciate beauty; to find the best in others; to leave the world a bit better whether by a healthy child, a garden patch, or a redeemed social condition; to know that even one life has breathed easier because you have lived. This is to have succeeded.”
Ralph Waldo Emerson
- “It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live.”
J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone
- “I’m not afraid of death; I just don’t want to be there when it happens.”
- “Sometimes the questions are complicated and the answers are simple.”
- “Love never dies a natural death. It dies because we don’t know how to replenish its source. It dies of blindness and errors and betrayals. It dies of illness and wounds; it dies of weariness, of witherings, of tarnishings.”
- “Everything you can imagine is real.”
- “Finish every day and be done with it. You have done what you could; some blunders and absurdities no doubt crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day; you shall begin it serenely and with too high a spirit to be encumbered with your old nonsense.”
Ralph Waldo Emerson
- “Reality continues to ruin my life.”
Bill Watterson, The Complete Calvin and Hobbes
- “This life is what you make it. Not matter what, you’re going to mess up sometimes, it’s a universal truth. But the good part is you get to decide how you’re going to mess it up. Girls will be your friends – they’ll act like it anyway. But just remember, some come, some go. The ones that stay with you through everything – they’re your true best friends. Don’t let go of them. Also remember, sisters make the best friends in the world. As for lovers, well, they’ll come and go too. And, I hate to say it, most of them – actually pretty much all of them are going to break your heart, but you can’t give up because if you give up, you’ll never find your soul mate. You’ll never find that half who makes you whole and that goes for everything. Just because you fail once, doesn’t mean you’re gonna fail at everything. Keep trying, hold on, and always, always, always believe in yourself, because if you don’t, then who will, sweetie? So keep your head high, keep your chin up, and most importantly, keep smiling, because life’s a beautiful thing and there’s so much to smile about.”