There is an old Chinese saying that goes “if you want to be rich, you must first build roads”. In past years we’ve seen the world’s longest sea bridge, the world’s longest gas pipeline and a high-speed railway that’s left everyone else in the dust literally.
The restaurant infrastructure push is incredible. A list of 108 super projects is floating around Chinese message boards and we picked out the some coolest one to showcase here.
From highway planning content, to the largest wind power base in the world, to a modern silk road that links Europe and India, to new cities in desert. China is showing what it really means to do big things.
- $1.1 Billion: The Shanghai world financial center project is home to the second highest hotel in the world.
- $1.8 BILLION: The Shanghai Yangtze River Tunnel and Bridge is the fifth longest cable-stayed bridge in the world.
- $2.2 BILLION: At 128 stories, The Shanghai Tower will be the tallest skyscraper in China and the second tallest in the world when completed in 2014.
- $2.2 BILLION: The Qinshan Nuclear Power Phase II will add to the Qinshan plant and have the most nuclear reactors of any site in the world.
- $3.3 BILLION: T he Tianjin offshore drilling rig is China ‘s national base for offshore oil development.
- $4.5 BILLION: Lingang New City, a planned city to be completed in 2020, will house almost 1 million people.
- $8 BILLION: The Shanghai Yangshan Deep Water Port Project will handle the largest container ships in the world.
- $10.2 BILLION: The Yangjiang Nuclear Power Station in Guangdong province will be the biggest nuclear power plant in China.
- $16 BILLION: Hangzhou Bay Bridge is the world’s longest cross-sea bridge project.
- $44 BILLION: China is one out of 32 countries who signed an agreement for the construction of highways to span the continent and reach Europe.
- $458 BILLION: The Tianjin Harbor Industrial Zone is one of the largest chemical ports in the world.
- Other Great Chinese Infrastructures worth mentioning.
$2.6 billion: China’s construction of the Libyan coastal railway project $4.5 billion: Guangzhou Nansha Lair shipbuilding base project $5.0 billion: Niger oil project$5.4 billion: Changxing Shipbuilding Base will be the world’s largest shipbuilding base project $7 billion: Sudanese oil project $7 billion: China’s construction of the Algerian East-West Highway Project $10.7 billion: Baosteel million-ton steel base project in Zhanj iang East Island$11.7 billion: Rural Market Project $20 billion: Portland Oilfield Sinopec investment $26.8 billion: Tianjin ethylene project $38 billion: Zhangzhou and Fuzhou-Xiamen railway projects $77.5 billion: Super markets projects $77.5 billion: Liaoning Hongyanhe Nuclear Power Project $237 billion: State Environmental Protection Eleventh Five-Year Plan $800 billion: Zhejiang Sanmen nuclear power project $900 billion: Northern Energy and Chemical Base project$1 trillion: Tianjin Binhai New Area investment.