If you want to record a screencast of your desktop, all that you really need is a screen recorder. The screen recorder will let you record video footage from your screen, as well as any audio from your system too. By capturing recordings of this kind, you can create your own tutorials, document bugs for a report, demonstrate how to use a particular software, and much more.
While there are several popular screen recorders available, Movavi Screen Capture Studio will give you a very different experience. The first thing that you’ll notice is that it is extremely easy to use and straightforward, with a clean user interface, easy to navigate menus, and intuitive features. However simple as it may be, it is still a powerful screen recorder however that is fully capable of recording audio and video as well as editing it too.
To get started and capture a desktop screencast of your own, all you need to do is:
- Launch Movavi Screen Capture Studio and select ‘Record screen’ in the menu.
- Use the mouse cursor to draw a capture frame over the portion of your screen that you want to record, or use one of the presets in the list under the ‘Capture Area’ section.
- Choose to record either the system audio or audio from a microphone (or some other device) by making sure the appropriate icon is highlighted in green.
- Click ‘REC’ when you are ready to start recording and then ‘Stop’ when it is done.
- Click ‘Save as’ to save the video.
When you are setting up the recording you can also configure the frame rate, choose to capture keyboard and mouse actions, adjust the audio levels, and much more. Within Movavi Screen Capture Studio you’ll even find a scheduler that you can use to automate the recording.
Once the recording is done you can opt to open it in the editor instead of saving it immediately. If you do you’ll then have access to the full range of Movavi Screen Capture Studio’s video editing features and can cut and join video segments, improve the video quality, apply special effects and filters, insert customizable text, include background music, and much more.
Rest assured it won’t take you long to figure out how to use any of Movavi Screen Capture Studio’s features, but if you need more detailed instructions you can find them at https://www.movavi.com/support/how-to/how-to-record-desktop.html.
That is really all that you need to know to record a desktop screencast with the help of Movavi Screen Capture Studio. Assuming you have a minute or two free, why not try it out for yourself and record your first screencast – right here, and right now.